How to Extend the Existing WiFi Range in Your Home
As we collect or accumulate all the latest version of wireless devices in the market today, the need for high-speed of WiFi coverage without the signal breakage throughout the home is necessary, more than ever.
As a matter of fact, many families usually use a Netgear WiFi router (or of any brand) that are installed by their ISP (Internet Service Provider). Some of them upgrade to more reliable and powerful, state-of-the-art wireless routers that have all the current bells and whistles. While these latest, top-of-the-line wireless routers improve speed, they might not be capable of delivering complete whole-home continuous and uninterrupted WiFi coverage.
Now, let’s review a few demystify ways to achieve complete WiFi coverage throughout average-sized, large homes, apartment or building.
Install A Nighthawk Netgear WiFi Extender
One simple way to attain complete WiFi coverage throughout your home is to install a Nighthawk Netgear WiFi extender. An up-to-date version of Netgear WiFi range extender increases the existing internet coverage by connecting to your existing Netgear WiFi router and creating a separate home network that has its own SSID (network name) and security credentials (password).
So, to roam around freely in your house, you must connect the range extender with your WiFi router properly. Secondly, for Netgear Nighthawk extender setup you have to connect your computer or laptop properly to the range extender. After that, you have to launch an internet browser, then type mywifiext into the address bar and follow the on-screen instructions given on Netgear Genie setup page. That’s it.
But if you are facing connectivity issues, then apply some of the below-mentioned easy to execute tips and tricks.
- Upgrade your existing WiFi router to the latest firmware technology.
- If your range extender needs an update, upgrade it too by the latest firmware version.
- During Netgear Nighthawk extender setup make sure that your Netgear WiFi extender is receiving live and up running internet connection from your main router. Moreover, make sure that your range extender is plugged in near to your Netgear WiFi router. Also, ensure that your router is placed openly in an airy room.
- If you are facing mywifiext not working issues, then make sure that your computer or laptop is connected properly to the range extender via Ethernet cable.
- Also, make sure that your router and the range extender are getting constant power supply.
Still, if you are facing any type of issue during Netgear Nighthawk setup, then without any delay contact our technical department at toll-free number 1-888-572-1134.
Install A Netgear WiFi Router
Conversely, some users wish to install an additional router to extend their existing WiFi coverage. Fot this, you have to connect your existing modem to the internet port of the Netgear WiFi router and your computer or laptop to any of the 4 (four) LAN ports.
- Switch your computer/laptop, WiFi router, and the broadband/cable modem, off and on again after 2 minutes. Wait for them to finish booting up.
- Open a web browser.
- Type your router’s IP address in the address bar and press Enter.
- Now, you will be prompted to log into your Netgear wireless router.
- Enter default username and password. If you have changed them previously, then use them. And in case you have forgotten your default or personalized login credentials, then reset your Netgear router back to factory default settings.
- Choose the “Setup Wizard” option.
- The “Setup Wizard” screen will now be displayed.
- Here, you have to click on “Yes” and then on the “Next” button.
- Finally, click on “Next” button to save the settings.
Once you have successfully installed your Netgear WiFi router, you can configure it with your range extender to enjoy the 20x faster internet speed all over the house.