How to perform Netgear Nighthawk extender setup manually
WiFi range extenders have been one of the superb developments that improve the range of wireless network for both home users as well as ventures. Once you install Netgear Nighthawk extender setup manually, it provides you portability so that you can freely move in your home and get fast and continuous internet access. So you don’t have to to a particular place for a longer time.
If you are too new to the installation and configuration process of Netgear WiFi extender then look no further than our how-to tutorial. This particular post will make you well-versed in the field of Netgear WiFi extender setup. It is recommended to bookmark this demystify article so that you can easily take help whenever you face any issue during the Netgear nighthawk setup process. Keep scrolling down.
New extender setup: Advantages
Prior to getting started with Netgear extender setup, let’s have a look at the advantages you will get.
A Netgear WiFi range extender is also known as wireless repeater, range expander or signal booster that is used to enhance the range of wireless local area network (LAN). It links to the switch in a remote manner or get to point, receives the signal and broadcasts it again.
These devices have a fixed IP address. It also requires the related encryption keys if the signal is fixed. Plus, these should be placed in the range of both transmitter and receiver. The signal broadcasted by transmitter must be the same as that of the receiver. Netgear Nighthawk setup works the best if the range expander/extender has a similar chipset as well as programming as that of Netgear WiFi router.
Following are the advantages of new Netgear WiFi extender setup:
- Netgear WiFi range extenders help you improve your existing WiFi signals and coverage.
- Keeps your wired or wireless devices such as media players, smartphones, laptops, and computers associated with a secure and reliable internet connection.
- Enables you to use multiple laptops or computers connected with internet without using Ethernet cables or wires.
- Can work with any standard WiFi router.
- Extends the current internet range and coverage to each and every nook and cranny corner of your house and office with good performance.
- Offers you a fast and uninterrupted internet speed and network for your smartphones, tablets, desktops, laptops, and other wired and wireless devices.
Netgear wireless repeaters are very easy to install and provide you a complete internet range throughout your home or office. Best, if you place it halfway between the blind spot and existing WiFi router. The data transfer as well as signal quality will be transferred to dead zone in a jiffy. Therefore, for improving the extender’s performance, you should check the electrical socket that it is transmitting proper power supply or not. That’s how you can broaden the range of your home or office network with Netgear Nighthawk extender setup.
Netgear Nighthawk setup: Manual steps
Walk through the easy steps given below to set up your device without any hassle (if your range extender has an Ethernet port):
- First and foremost, unbox your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Plug it into a wall socket. Turn it on.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect your Netgear device to the computer or laptop.
- Log in to Netgear web user interface using mywifiext as a web address.
- Enter default login details into the required fields.
- As soon as you into the mywifiext.net login page, go to wireless settings.
- You can also change the settings as per your need.
- Click on the “apply” once done.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear WiFi range extender prior to clicking on “continue”.
Your range extender doesn’t have an Ethernet port? Don’t panic. Just follow the steps given below:
- Push the reset button on your device with the help of paper clip or pin.
- Hold it for a few seconds and release it after that.
- Connect it to the available and active WiFi network.
- Use default login credentials to access mywifiext.net.
- Go through the provided on-screen instructions.
- Reconnect your devices to the Netgear wireless range extender.
Thus, one can manually set up their Netgear range extender. If you still have any concern in setting up your device then feel free to contact our technical department at toll-free number 1-888-572-1134.Tags: Netgear Nighthawk setup, Netgear WiFi extender setup