Perk Up your Internet Connection with Netgear WiFi Range Extenders
Netgear WiFi extenders are the best devices to enhance your existing WiFi range. This device comes packed with smart features that help in easy amplification. If you are looking to install a Netgear range extender for your home, this is the post for you. Here, you will get to know how to set up a Netgear extender to perk up your internet connection. Read on.
Set up a Netgear WiFi Range Extender
For the setup of your Netgear extender, walk through the instructions below:
- First of all, power on the Netgear WiFi range extender.
- After that, turn on the computer or a laptop.
- Once done, connect it to a secure and reliable WiFi network and open up a relevant internet browser of your choice.
- Now, on the displayed page, enter mywifiext.net in the address bar field.
- Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- As soon as you do so, a new page will open. You have to click on the new extender setup button and use a password to create a valid account.
- The Netgear genie setup screen will display. Here, a series of on-screen instructions will be shown. You just have to follow them carefully to set up your extender with ease.
A Vital Network Repair Tool: Netgear Genie
The Netgear Genie app is a popular buzzword in the world of internet. Network or the internet has become very important in human life. Today, nobody can even think to move a single step without it. Internet has become as essential as breathing. On the other hand, the Internet of things (IoT) has revolutionized the way a human-being think and function.
In addition, it is the advanced app that helps in providing a dashboard for monitoring, repairing, and controlling the home network through any smartphone or tablet, which is properly connected to it. It would be a great way to handle your network, take the charge, and keep unknown people away from your home network and WiFi-enabled devices as well.
Steps for Genie Smart Setup
Well, the Genie smart setup makes the process of installation, configuration, and setup of your range extender an easy task. On the other hand, this app provides you with the fastest way to connect all smart wired and wireless devices to the internet without any issue.
Follow the steps below to complete the Genie setup without any issue:
- First of all, connect the range extender to an available and secure WiFi network.
- Secondly, take a computer or laptop that is supposed to be connected to the current WiFi network.
- Once done, open any relevant web browser of your choice.
- After that, log in to mywifiext using default login credentials (username and password).
- When the Genie setup page will open, you can easily change technical settings as per your needs.
But before anything else, ensure that a valid Genie account has been created successfully and the Netgear extender has properly been registered. For any technical assistance during the setup process, feel free to contact our experts at 1-877-425-5462 (toll-free).
Unable to Log in to Netgear Extender?
Mywifiext.com is used for setting up a brand new range extender. When users try to access the mentioned address, an error message is shown instead of the welcome screen. So, it’s advised to use 192.168.1.250 (default IP address) of your Netgear device to open the setup page of your WiFi booster.
In case the issue persists with the IP (Internet Protocol) address too, follow the steps below:
- Update the firmware of your main router with the latest version.
- Make sure that you type the correct URL/ web address.
- Also, check for loose cable connections.
- Enter the right password (look for typos).
- Both range extender and your main router should be turned on properly.
- Ensure that there is no fluctuation or high-voltage in the power supply.
- On the other hand, make sure to use the latest version of the internet browser as well.
- Moreover, connect the range extender to the home network wirelessly.
- Make use of an Ethernet cable to connect the extender and the router with each other.
- Check the network firewall settings too.
- Simply call our technical department.
Our useful guide to perk up your internet connection with Netgear WiFi range extenders ends here. If you still have something to ask, feel free to contact our experts.Tags: Netgear Genie Setup, Netgear WiFi Range Extenders