Everything You Need to Know About Netgear EX2700 Extender
If you want to boost your existing wireless network range, then it’s time that you consider bringing Netgear EX2700 extender at home. Delivering WiFi up to 300 Mbps, this extender works with any standard WiFi router and is also ideal for video streaming and gaming. Want to take advantage of all its benefits? If yes, then perform Netgear EX2700 setup.
But, before you learn how to configure the Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender, familiarize yourself with how it works.
How Does Netgear EX2700 Extender Work?
The Netgear EX2700 range extender works like a bridge between your WiFi router and WiFi-enabled devices. There are two main jobs of an EX2700 extender:
The EX2700 extender connects to a WiFi network
When Netgear EX2700 range extender connects over WiFi to an existing network, it performs as a network client.
The EX2700 extender becomes an access point for WiFi devices
The Netgear EX2700 WiFi extender broadcasts its own network to which other wireless devices can join.
Note: In order to keep both ends of the bridge in place, the EX2700 WiFi extender must do these two jobs.
Now that you know how the Netgear EX2700 extender works, let’s discuss how to configure it.
Instructions to Install Netgear EX2700 Extender
- Plug your EX2700 WiFi range extender into a working wall outlet.
- Press the Power button on the device and wait for the LED to become solid green.
- Once the LED turns green, connect the EX2700 extender to the router.
- You can either connect the devices wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, switch on your PC and open an internet browser of your choice.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type mywifiext.net.
- Press Enter.
- The Netgear extender login page will display.
- Enter the default username and password of your EX2700 extender and click Log In.
- You will land on the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish setting up the Netgear EX2700 extender.
In this way, you’ll easily be able to perform Netgear EX2700 setup accessing mywifiext.net.
You can also configure the Netgear EX2700 WiFi range extender using the Nighthawk app. Apart from helping you set up your extender, the Netgear Nighthawk app also allows you to update its firmware, change the default password, etc.
To know more about the secrets of Netgear Nighthawk application, click here.
How to Change Netgear EX2700 Extender Settings?
Performing Netgear EX2700 setup allows you to change the default password, network name, WiFi speed, enable/disable the WiFi radio, etc. of your extender.
Walk through the steps mentioned below to tweak some of the Netgear EX2700 extender’s settings:
Steps to Change Netgear EX2700 Extender SSID
- Launch a web browser on your laptop.
- In the address bar, type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250, and press Enter.
- Fill the default admin details into the given fields, and hit Log In.
- Head over to Settings > WiFi.
- In the Network Name (SSID) field, enter the network name you want your Netgear EX2700 extender to have.
- Hit Save.
- In a second or two, your settings will get saved.
Steps to Change Netgear EX2700 Extender Password
- Ensure that your EX2700 extender is well connected to the router.
- Then, open a web browser and log in to your extender.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, go to Settings.
- Under the Password option, enter the new password of your extender.
- Click Apply.
The Bottom Line
This was all about you may need to know about the Netgear EX2700 extender. If you want to know more about this particular extender model, feel free to reach out to our well-versed experts.Tags: EX2700 WiFi extender, Netgear Nighthawk app