Handy Tactics to Reset Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 WiFi Router
Is your Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 WiFi router giving you trouble even after a successful setup process? Are you facing issues while accessing the Nighthawk router login page? Is the default admin name and password of your Netgear Nighthawk router not working? Have you customized the router’s login details and forgotten them? If the answers to these questions are in Yes, then the only solution to get rid of the issue is to reset Netgear Nighthawk X6 router back to the factory default values.
Note: After the Netgear router reset process, you have to set it up again. On the off chance that you don’t know how to setup Netgear router, then simply follow the installation steps given after the reset process. Let’s dive in!
Prior to resetting Netgear Nighthawk AC3200 R8000 router, ensure the following:
- Plug in your X6 into a working outlet.
- If the Netgear device is connected to your modem or other devices in your home, then disconnect it.
- In case you see blinking or red color LED on your X6 router, push the power (on/off) button once and wait for some time for the LED on it to become green.
Reset Netgear Nighthawk X6
Here are the steps to reset Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 R8000 WiFi router:
- First of all, locate the factory reset hole on your Netgear router.
- Use a ball pen tip or paper clip to press and hold the reset hole.
- Hold the Netgear router reset hole and release it.
That’s it! You have successfully reset your Netgear Nighthawk router. Now, you can take the plunge to set it up.
How to Setup Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 AC3200 WiFi Router?
To setup Netgear R8000 router, consider the must-follow steps given below:
- First and foremost, carefully connect one end of a well-maintained Ethernet cable to your existing modem or gateway and the other end to your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Once done, turn on a WiFi-enabled device like a smartphone, computer, or laptop.
- Launch a web browser.
- Type in Netgear router IP address carefully in the browser’s URL bar field. You can also use routerlogin.net web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- Provide Netgear router’s default username and password when prompted. If you have customized the details, use them instead. Make sure to have the correct details in order to access the Netgear router login page without any hassle.
- Follow the instructions for setting up your Netgear Nighthawk Ac3200 R8000 router.
You can also install your device using the Netgear Nighthawk app. To do so, follow the steps provided below.
Configure the X6 Router Via Netgear Nighthawk App:
- Attach the provided antennas (if any).
- Connect your main modem to the internet port on your X6 router.
- Power on your X6 router.
- Wait for a few minutes for the LED on your X6 to light up.
- On your iOS or Android device, navigate to the app store – search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and download it.
- On your device (iOS or Android), click on Settings > WiFi.
- Enter your router’s WiFi password.
- Open the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install your WiFi router.