Troubleshooting Tips to Fix Netgear Router Orange Light Issue
Every LED on your Netgear Nighthawk router has a meaning. If the LED on your wireless router is green, it means everything is in good shape. In case the LED is blinking red, it means that your device is not getting enough power supply from the wall outlet. However, if the LED is flashing orange, then you are stuck with some serious WiFi connectivity issues. But, worry not. It’s not like we can’t help you troubleshoot the issue. Walk through the below-mentioned tips and learn how to resolve the Netgear router orange light issue in a flash!
Fixed: Netgear Router Orange Light Issue
a) Check Your Internet Connection
One of the major reasons why you are struggling with the Netgear router orange light issue is because of a weak internet connection. So, before you take the help of any other step, check your internet connection.
If you think that the internet issue is from the end of your Internet Service Provider, get in touch with him immediately and ask him to get it fixed. In case the issue is not from his end, then verify the Ethernet connection between your Netgear Nighthawk router and the existing modem.
If the Ethernet cable connecting your devices is worn out or damaged from anywhere, we recommend you replace it with a new one.
b) Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Another way through which you can get rid of the Netgear router orange light is by performing Netgear router firmware update. To perform Netgear firmware update, you need to access the Nighthawk router setup wizard. Here’s how to update your router:
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Open an internet browser.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type the default web address of your Netgear Nighthawk router and press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear router administrative page.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- Once on the Netgear Nighthawk setup wizard, go to Settings > Wireless Settings > Maintenance > Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Now, check whether you are still experiencing the Netgear router orange light issue. If yes, then give the next troubleshooting hack a shot!
c) Reboot Your Netgear Router
Sometimes, technical glitches can also stop your Netgear Nighthawk router from performing well and lead you to similar issues that you are currently facing. But, fret not. You can get rid of these glitches by giving your router a simple restart. Here’s how:
- Disconnect your Netgear router from the existing modem.
- Then, power off your router and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your router back into the electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Oh, and do not forget to connect your router and modem.
In case you face issues in rebooting your Netgear wireless router, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts. They will surely be of some help to you.
d) Reset Your Netgear WiFi Router
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips helped you resolve the Netgear router orange light issue, it is recommended that you perform factory default reset. Who knows it might work in your favor?
Here is how you can reset your Netgear Nighthawk device:
- Look for the Reset button on your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- Once found, carefully press it using an oil pin or any other sharp object.
- Then, hold on for some time and let your device get restored to the default mode.
Now, try to login to Nighthawk router and check whether the LED on your wireless router is blinking orange or not.
Netgear router orange light issue is one of the most common issues faced by users these days. If you too are struggling with the same issue, you’ve got nothing to worry about! With the help of the aforementioned tips, you’ll surely be able to fix it.
For any further doubts or queries, contact our well-versed technicians at any hour of the day. They are just a click away!Tags: login to nighthawk router, netgear nighthwak setup, Nighthawk router setup