Netgear EAX20 Setup | Nighthawk AX1800 Setup
Netgear AX1800 Dual-Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model: EAX20 is one of the most advanced extenders in the WiFi industry nowadays. By performing Netgear EAX20 setup in your house, you can connect as many devices as you want with the wireless network without having to worry about the lessened internet speed.
You can perform Netgear extender setup in the following ways:
- By accessing the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.
- By using the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- By pressing the WPS button.
Netgear Nighthawk EAX20 Setup (AX1800) Using Netgear Genie Wizard
To perform Netgear EAX20 setup manually, you need to access the Netgear genie setup wizard.Mentioned below are the instructions to set up Nighthawk AX1800 EAX20 manually:
- Press the Power button on your Netgear AX1800 EAX20 WiFi extender.
- Plug your WiFi device into a wall socket. Make sure the wall socket isn’t damaged.
- The power LED light will become solid green within a few seconds.
- Connect the Netgear extender to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a browser on your computer and type mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- The Netgear Nighthawk EAX20 extender login page will appear on your screen.
- Fill in the default username and password of your WiFi range extender.
- Follow the steps given on the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard.
Note: Ensure that you follow the instructions in the exact order as they written while setting up your Netgear EAX20 WiFi extender.After being extremely careful, if you still get stuck at any point while performing Netgear EAX20 setup, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team of experts.
Netgear EAX20 Setup Using Nighthawk App
If you want to set up Netgear AX1800 EAX20 WiFi mesh extender with your mobile device, then downloading the Nighthawk app is perfect for you.
Note: The Netgear Nighthawk app can be downloaded both on Android and Apple devices.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to set up EAX20 range extender by using the Netgear Nighthawk app:
- Make sure that your Netgear EAX20 extender is connected to the router.
- Unlock your mobile device and download the Nighthawk application.
- Open the Netgear Nighthawk application and create a Netgear account.
- Enter the required extender login credentials and click on the Log In button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Facing issues in performing Netgear EAX20 setup? Worry not. Simply contact our knowledgeable and skilled technicians.
Netgear Nighthawk EAX20 Setup | AX1800: WPS Method
Known as the WiFi-Protected setup method, the WPS method is one of the easiest methods used to perform Nighthawk EAX20 setup. You should give it a try too.
Step-by-step guidelines to perform Netgear EAX20 setup by using the WPS method:
- Switch on your Nighthawk EAX20 WiFi range extender.
- Wait for the power LED light to become solid green.
- Connect the Netgear extender to the WiFi router.
- Look for the WPS button at the bottom of the AX1800 EAX20 extender.
- Once found, press the button carefully.
- Hold the button for a few seconds.
- Then, shift your Netgear WiFi extender to a new location.
- Now, connect your computer or laptop to the extended network.
Netgear Nighthawk EAX20 Setup Issues
- Mywifiext.net not working
- WiFi connectivity issues
- WiFi extender is not connected to the network
- Incorrect mywifiext.net password
- Can’t connect to mywifiext.net
- Lost configuration CD
- Can’t connect to Mywifiext.local
- Unable to update the firmware of the extender
- Mywifiext is not opening
- Forgot the default password of the extender
- The WiFi extender is flashing red
- Can’t perform factory default reset
- The WiFi extender isn’t working properly
- WiFi extender is not connecting to the internet
Troubleshooting Netgear EAX20 Setup Issues
Outlined below are a few quick troubleshooting tips that’ll assist you in getting rid of the AX1800 EAX20 extender setup issues. Thus, scroll down, and read on.
- Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 EAX20 is receiving enough power supply from the wall socket.
- The power cable that you are using to connect your EAX20 extender to the wall socket shouldn’t be loose or worn out.
- Your Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 EAX20 WiFi extender should have an access to a blazing-fast internet connection.
- Keep your EAX20 WiFi range extender far away from fish tanks, washing machines, microwave ovens, refrigerators, corners, concrete walls, metal objects, mirrors, etc.
- Ensure that you have entered the right web address in the address bar of your preferred internet browser while logging into your extender.
- Use the latest version of your web browser while logging into your WiFi extender.
- Restore your AX1800 EAX20 extender to its factory default settings.
The aforementioned mentioned tips will surely help in troubleshooting the Netgear EAX20 setup issues. On the off chance if they don’t, then either update the firmware of your WiFi device or get in touch with our experts immediately.
Nighthawk AX1800 EAX20 Firmware Update
An updated firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk extender ensures that your device is working properly. Thus, don’t forget to update the firmware of your extender from time to time. Follow the given steps to update your EAX20 extender:
- Power on your Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 EAX20 extender.
- Log into your WiFi range extender by accessing mywifiext.net.
- Go to the Settings option located in the top-right corner.
- Click on the Netgear Extender Firmware Update button.
- If any firmware updates are available, click on the Yes option.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds for your EAX20 WiFi extender to get updated.
That’s it. The firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk AX1800 EAX20 WiFi extender has been successfully updated. In case of any queries, you already know how to reach our experts.