How to Set Up Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Router?
When it comes to gaming, WiFi speeds matter a lot. The higher the WiFi speed, the less jittery and more immersive gaming experience you’ll have. But, do you know which networking device is capable of serving you with the same? The answer is the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi router. It improves the latency by 84% and helps you give an edge against fellow gamers.
FYI, the latency is nothing but network delays. Hence, this pro gaming router by Netgear does justice to your game by improving latency or reducing pings. So, what are you waiting for? Secure your every victory in an online game with this purposely built incredible piece of technology. But, purchasing it only will not do the job for you. You are also supposed to set it up with your host gateway so that its WiFi signals get routed to your gaming consoles more effectively. This post focuses not only on the instructions but also on various features of the Nighthawk XR500 pro gaming router that confirms your victory in online games.
Features: Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Router
1. Sure-fire LAN Connection
The XR500 gaming router fixes the lags in your gaming experience by limiting other players’ distance to servers with the help of Geo-Filter. Thus, you can be assured of a flawless local connection and will be able to create a preferred server list.
2. Check Live Ping
You can check the real-time bandwidth use via the Internet Utilization Monitor. With the help of the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi router, you can check the devices or applications which are not letting you play the game smoothly.
3. Gaming Traffic Prioritization
The Quality of Service [QoS] feature housed by the Nighthawk XR500 router helps you prioritize gaming devices and allocate required bandwidths. This way lags automatically get eliminated and WiFi speeds are controlled.
4. Customizable Gaming Dashboard
The gaming dashboard of the router can be customized which lets you view the bandwidth usage by the device, ping, upload-download speeds, ping, latency, and countless other parameters on a single screen.
With all these features, you can conclude that the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi router is perfect for houses of all shapes and sizes. It will provide you with the ultimate range of WiFi coverage no matter where you try to access its network in the house. In addition, it lets you protect your network identity and shield it from DDoS attacks which can overwhelm your entire home network with fake traffic. And with the end of the section revealing the wonderful features of the Nighthawk pro gaming router, the moment has come that we reveal its setup instructions. So, check out the next section and learn how to configure this splendid gaming router.
Steps to Setup Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Router
- First and foremost, unbox your pro gaming WiFi router.
- Now, attach the XR500 router’s antennas and the power adapter to their respective ports.
- Place your gaming device near the host gateway and power it up.
- Create an Ethernet connection between both WiFi devices.
- Thereafter, unlock your mobile phone and go to the Google Play Store.
- After reaching there, search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and download it.
- Launch the app as soon as it gets installed.
- Create your Netgear account with the help of your email ID and password.
- Sign in to your Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 router using default credentials.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
In this manner, you can get your Nighthawk gaming router installed to route the modem’s WiFi signals to your gaming devices. But, it is still not ready for gaming. You need to unlock the gaming features like bandwidth allocation and latency reduction. For this, visit routerlogin.net via an internet browser, do router login using the details that you used for the Nighthawk app, and make the required changes. Once you do that, you’re all set for myriad gaming sessions.
Fix Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 Router Setup Issues
Facing problems while installing the pro gaming router is a common thing. In case you’re also finding yourself stuck in the mess of setup issues, refer to the fixes mentioned below. They’ll be able to help you complete the router setup with ease.
- Do not use a damaged Ethernet cable to connect your gaming router and host gateway.
- There should be a safe gap between your WiFi devices during and after router setup.
- Neither your host gateway nor the router should be connected to a faulty socket.
- Avoid using an outdated version of the Nighthawk app for the router’s installation.
- The router’s admin details are case-sensitive. Enter them carefully.
- Make sure that your gaming router sits in a signal interference-free area.
Once you take the required actions, you will be able to complete the Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 WiFi router setup without any hassle. On the off-chance, you’re still unable to make your pro gaming router up and running, our experts will be more than happy to assist you for the same. All you need to do is ping them.Tags: Netgear Nighthawk app, Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming, Nighthawk Pro Gaming