Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi Router Review and Setup
The newest version of Wi-Fi, WiFi 6, offers improved speeds, more secure connections, and other advantages. The introductions of new gadgets that are compatible with the new standard and the routers that will serve as the backbone of your speedier network have been sluggish. Amokkng player. Let’s have a look at this futuristic router and see whether it’s a good long-term investment in your home network along with the Netgear Nighthawk setup procedure.
Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi Router Specifications
1. Eye Catching Design
While some routers are made to seem like they belong in their environments, the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router is neither of them. It seems like the “wings” of a spacecraft protrude vertically from both sides, making for an eye-catching design. There are two “elevated” antennas in each wing. The router’s wings may be folded in when not in use, which is a nice convenience. We should clarify that the router will still function even if the wings are folded, albeit its performance may suffer.
2. Promising Gigabit Speeds
Many additional aspects of the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router make it ideal for the foreseeable future. Theoretical Wi-Fi throughputs on the 2.4GHz band are as high as 1.2 Gbps, while those on the 5GHz band may reach up to 4.8 Gbps. Beamforming and a 160MHz channel are also supported, promising Gigabit Wi-Fi speeds for devices.
3. Ideal for Streaming and Gaming
Support for orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA) is one of the many new features introduced by WiFi 6, and it helps to guarantee that even the slowest devices connected to this router won’t slow down the whole network. With this router’s support for 4X4 MU-MIMO, you may use a total of 8 Wi-Fi streams (4 in each band) at once, thus doubling the available data rate for your network. If you have a fast enough Internet connection, this means you ought to be capable of streaming high-quality TV on numerous devices at once while still having enough bandwidth for, say, competitive gaming.
4. Separate SSID for Both Radio Bands
The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands each have their network (SSID), but they may be combined into one if desired, with channel allocation handled automatically by the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router. Guest connections may be enabled, and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs can be used.
5. Precise Control of Home Network
The only quality-of-service (QoS) adjustment you can make is an “automatic” one, which, when activated, utilizes an external database to prioritize data transfers for the programs on your system that need the fastest connection to the Internet. More fine-grained control over this part of the router’s performance would have been appreciated.
6. Easy Setup
You’ll have no issues setting up the router for the first time using the Web-based interface on a personal computer. While creating a Netgear.com account is required to install the Nighthawk app, it is necessary for setting up and managing the router. You can contact our tech support executive to get a know-how of creating a Netgear.com account. But, before that, let’s hop up to the steps explaining the process of installing the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router.
Steps to Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router
- The first step is to take your Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router out of its packaging.
- Gather your router’s manual and other router accessories. Make sure you have everything you need to set up your routers, including the network wire, some stands, and a power cord.
- Now, remove the router from its plastic packaging, unwrap the power cord, and connect it to an available outlet.
- Prepare the router for usage by inserting the power cord on the back of your Netgear router
- Next, connect the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router to your modem by plugging in the included network wire.
- Get acquainted with your router’s default login info.
- As soon as you’re at your computer, use a web browser to access the router’s administrative interface. It can be done by inputting the routerlogin.net web URL into the address box.
- You’ll be sent to your Netgear Nighthawk router’s admin page.
- Here, key in the preset Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router credentials and proceed by hitting Log In.
- Certain prompts will welcome you. Stick to them and complete setting up your WiFi router.
This leads to the completion of the installation of your Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi router. Hopefully, the guidelines discussed above will help you to get the router configured. However, know that our experts have always got your back in case you are unable to make your device up and running by yourself.Tags: Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Wi-Fi Router, Netgear Nighthawk setup