Netgear Nighthawk X6 Setup: A Complete Guide
Have you recently purchased Netgear Nighthawk X6 WiFi router? Well, you have made the right choice to enjoy seamless internet connectivity. However, for that, you first need to complete the Netgear Nighthawk X6 setup process. This guide explains each step to help you make your Nighthawk X6 router up and running. Let’s get started!
There are various methods available to configure a Netgear router. Although we are going to shed light upon all the methods one by one, it all depends on you which method you find the most convenient to execute for making your router working. Also, you need to choose the Netgear WiFi router setup method that fits the compatibility of your modem and PC. Here we go.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 Setup Using Netgear Installation Assistant
This is the manual method that can be employed by users for configuring their router. However, for this, you must have access to a working Ethernet cable, high-speed internet connection, fluctuation-free power supply, and of course your router.
Once you have all the things handy, you can start with the manual setup process of your Nighthawk X6 WiFi router.
After unwrapping the device and attaching all its antennas to its ports, you are suggested to place your router in the same room where your modem is already configured. The close placement is needed for the time you are doing setup of your router. Later, you can change the location of your device as per your internet needs.
- Now, connect the router to your modem with the help of an Ethernet cable and power up the device.
- Let the LED lights on it turn green.
- Once all the devices get connected, open a web browser on your computer.
- By accessing the default address of your router, try to login to Nighthawk router.
- If while accessing the login page, you come up with any issue, feel free to contact our technical support executives.
- When you reach the dashboard of your router, head towards the settings option.
- Various prompts will then reveal on your device’s screen.
- Follow them all and complete the manual Netgear Nighthawk X6 setup process.
Next, you can configure your router with the help of the Nighthawk app. For this, however, you first need to download the latest version of the app on your smartphone.
Note: This is to inform you that you can also download Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Windows 10 if looking to configure your router using your PC only.
Here’s How to Set up Netgear Nighthawk X6 Using Nighthawk App
As soon as you complete the downloading process of the Nighthawk app on your device, you can start configuring your router by following the steps below.
Launch the Nighthawk app on your smartphone and accept all the terms and conditions to proceed further.
- Once done, log in to your Netgear account.
- If you have not yet created an account, you are suggested to create one.
- Now, use the same credentials to access the dashboard of your router.
- Reaching the dashboard, you will be prompted with various options.
- For completing the setup of your WiFi router, follow all the prompts.
- Once you get the congratulations message on your screen, your WiFi router will get configured in a successful manner.
This is how you can complete the configuration of Nighthawk X6 using Nighthawk app.
There is one other method you can try to make your router operational and that is WiFi protected setup. Here’s how to execute the process.
Steps to Set up Netgear Nighthawk X6 Using WPS
Nighthawk X6 can also be configured with the press of a button. However, for this, you must have access to a modem that supports WPS setup.
Pressing the WPS button on both the devices one by one will make your Netgear router working with ease.
This is all about doing Netgear Nighthawk X6 setup. In case you need assistance while executing the process, feel free to contact our experts.Tags: Netgear Nighthawk X6 setup