Resolved: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 Firmware Update Failure
Getting a firmware update failure message while trying to update your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 firmware? If yes, you have landed on the right page. Here, you will be guided through some proven troubleshooting tips to resolve the EX7000 firmware update failure issue. Here we go!
Reasons Behind EX7000 Firmware Update Failed Error
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 firmware update failed error appears due to issues with your computer, network security, internet, extender update file, or your own extender. Let’s have a look at some basic reasons why your Nighthawk EX7000 firmware update aborts:
- You have downloaded and installed a corrupted firmware
- Poor internet connection
- Faulty extender’s hardware
- Improper placement of Netgear AC1900 EX7000 extender
- Weak network security
- You are using damaged cables to connect your extender and router
- Your system contains malicious files like Trojan, viruses, or worms that don’t let your Nighthawk EX7000 extender update the firmware
So now you know the reasons why you are getting Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 firmware update failure error. Without further ado, let’s get to know the solutions to fix the issue.
Fix Nighthawk AC1900 Firmware Update Failure Error
Prior to going for advanced troubleshooting, try to apply some basic troubleshooting hacks. Follow the steps below to resolve the Nighthawk EX7000 firmware update failure issue:
- Check the electrical outlet in which your Netgear EX7000 AC1900 extender is plugged in. If you find any fault, plug in your extender to another power outlet.
Note: While changing the location of your WiFi extender, be sure that it is placed in the same room as that of the main home router.
- Disable all proxy or VPN servers you are using on your device until the Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 firmware update process completes.
- Check the internet speed and stability on your router. On the off chance if there is any network issue, fix that first with the help of our well-versed technicians. Just dial toll-free 1-877-425-5462.
- Make sure that your range extender is configured properly.
- Remember to scan your system and remove viruses, malware, or worms if detected.
- Make sure to use a static IP address for the time your EX7000 firmware is being updated.
- Be certain that you have completed Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 setup properly.
We hope that the aforementioned troubleshooting tips have taken you out of ‘can’t update Netgear EX7000 extender’s firmware’ trouble. However, if your AC1900 firmware update breaks down, go with the advanced troubleshooting hacks right away. Continue reading.
- Download and install the Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 firmware update from a reliable source on your system.
- After that, download TFTP software on your computer.
- Connect your Nighthawk AC1900 EX7000 extender to the main router via an Ethernet cable.
- Now, install TFTP software on your device by unzipping the downloaded file.
- Open TFTP software.
- Select the LAN adapter option.
- In the Host field, enter the default IP address of your Netgear Nighthawk mesh extender. In case you don’t know the default IP of your AC1900 extender, it is recommended to take instant help from our experts.
- Thereafter, click on the Extender Firmware file.
- Wait for the Nighthawk EX7000 firmware update process to finish.
- After that, disconnect all cable connections.
- Let your EX7000 reboot once.
On the off chance if the Nighthawk AC1900 firmware update doesn’t complete, reset your WiFi range extender once and try again.
Still getting the EX7000 firmware update failure error? Worry not! Just get in touch with our highly-experienced technicians at 1-877-425-5462 and let them resolve the issue for you.Tags: EX7000 Firmware Update Failure, Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup