Netgear Nighthawk App Features And Installation Guide
The Netgear Nighthawk app is the most renowned applications in the technical market nowadays. It is designed with the sole purpose of installing a WiFi router in a hassle-free manner. Also, there are several mind-blowing features that this app provides, like WiFi-sharing, parental control, remote management, monitoring home network, and much more.
Through this blog post, we’ll not just make you acquainted with all the amazing features that the Nighthawk app has but also how to set up your WiFi router by using it. Continue reading.
Topmost Features of the Netgear Nighthawk App
There are end number of features that the Nighthawk app has. Here are the topmost features of this app:
1. Allows You to Change the WiFi Settings
One of the best benefits of the Nighthawk app is that it allows you to change the network name (SSID), password, and security key of your wireless network. To change the SSID and password of your Netgear WiFi router using the Nighthawk app, follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned below:
- Unlock your mobile device and open Google Play Store.
- If you have an iOS device, then you need to open the App Store.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk application and let it get uninstalled properly.
- Once it does, enter the username and password to log into your router.
- When the Netgear Genie setup wizard appears, click on the WiFi Settings option.
- Now, enter the username and password that you want your network to have and hit Enter.
- Wait patiently for the changes to get executed.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to change the WiFi settings of your Netgear WiFi router.
2. You Can See the List of Connected Devices
With the help of the Nighthawk application, you can see a complete list of all the devices that are connected to your home network i.e. your WiFi router. This way, you can keep a check on the connected devices and disable the ones not in user whenever you want.
3. Permits You to Share WiFi Using the QR Code
By using the QR code in the Nighthawk application, you can easily share the details of your WiFi (such as login username and password) anytime.
4. Offers Smart Parental Control
Parental control is another topmost feature of the Netgear Nighthawk app. It allows you to keep your kids away from harmful websites by letting you monitor and control their internet activities.
Now, that you’ve become aware of the amazing features of the Netgear Nighthawk app, it’s time that you fully benefit from them. Do you know how? By learning how to perform a Netgear Nighthawk setup using the Nighthawk application.
Steps to Set Up Your WiFi Router Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
Go through the instructions mentioned below and know how to install your Netgear WiFi router with the help of the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your phone and open the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Open the Google Play Store if you use an Android whereas in the case of an iOS device, open the App Store.
- Once you open the Store, download the Nighthawk application.
- When the app has been installed properly, the next in line is to create a Netgear account.
- Refer to the Netgear manual and enter the default login username and password.
- As soon as the Basic Home Screen appears, all you have to do is follow the on-screen instructions to complete setting up your WiFi router.
Note: You can also use the Nighthawk application to perform the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup.
So, this was all about the features of the Netgear Nighthawk app and how to set up your Netgear WiFi router using it. In case of any doubts or queries, feel free to contact us at any hour of the day.Tags: Netgear Genie Setup, Netgear Nighthawk app, Netgear Nighthawk setup