How to Install Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Extender in Access Point Mode
Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup WiFi range extender boosts your existing network range and delivers the dual-band WiFi up to 1900Mbps (Megabits per Second). In addition, its 700mW high-powered amplifiers provide extreme WiFi range, whereas its dual-core 800MHz (megahertz) processor enables the highest WiFi performance.
It is perfect for HD video streaming & gaming and works with any WiFi router. So, perform the Netgear Nighthawk extender setup process and get the whole-home connectivity you need for your iPads, smartphones, laptops, computers & more.
In this article, we will guide you on how to configure Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi range extender in access point (AP) mode. Let’s get started.
To install your Netgear Nighthawk mesh WiFi range extender as an AP (Access Point):
- Plug your Netgear WiFi extender near to your Netgear WiFi router. If you don’t have a Netgear router, then you can use of any brand. But make sure that the router you are using should be up-to-date by the latest firmware version.
- Turn your range extender on by pushing the power button on it.
- Using an Ethernet cable, connect your existing WiFi router and your Netgear WiFi range extender with each other.
- Now, take a computer or laptop – load up an internet browser and type mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- Tick on the New Extender Setup button.
- Create an account and tick on Next. If you already have an account then skip this step.
- Tick on Access Point and Netgear Nighthawk setup will verify your internet connection.
- Now, enter your existing WiFi router’s username and password.
- Tick on Next and your network settings will be applied shortly.
- Tick on Continue and your Netgear extender’s network settings will be displayed.
- Tick on Next and your Netgear WiFi range extender will be configured as an Access Point (AP) mode.
Do you have the login credentials handy with you? Do you still remember them? If the answer to these questions is in NO, then you have no option left then to reset your Netgear WiFi range extender back to its factory default values.
A factory reset will delete your default or personalized login credentials (username and password) network name (SSID), and the security settings. A factory reset process is important when you cannot recover your Netgear WiFi range extender’s admin name and password.
To reset your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi range extender:
- First of all, verify that your Netgear WiFi extender’s power LED is stable.
- After that, you have to locate the reset hole on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
Note: Prior to resetting your Netgear extender, make sure that all the connected devices with it are disconnected. Your range extender should only be plugged into a wall outlet that’s it.
- Now, use a pin or a paper clip and insert it carefully into the reset hole of your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Hold down the reset hole for 15-20 seconds and after that, release it.
Congrats! Your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 resets successfully.
If you are still facing issues while setting up or resetting your Netgear WiFi range extender, then it is advised to reach our technicians as soon as possible via toll-free number 1-888-572-1134. We are the service provider of Netgear. We provide support for all Netgear products.Tags: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 Setup