How to Get Complete Netgear Router Access With Genie App?
Don’t you want to turn your computer on and connect it to your WiFi network to having an eye on various settings of your Netgear router? Well, Genie App is the best solution to the problem. Netgear Genie app is a royal road to monitor your home WiFi here, there, and everywhere. You can have complete Netgear router access after downloading the Genie app on your smartphone or tablet.
No matter whether you are resting on your couch or gardening in the backyard, the app lets you get hold of all the cool features of your Netgear router even without booting up your computer. Ranging right from Wireless Settings to Traffic Metering, you can access everything with ease using the Netgear router app.
Here’s How to Have Netgear Router Access With the Genie App
The Genie app supports both Android and iOS platforms, thus you can use it on any device you have. To start using the app,
- Navigate to the App Store or Play Store and search for the Netgear Genie app.
- Once located, install the app on your device and give it a run.
- If you want the Genie app to work without any hassle, you are advised to accept terms and use.
- That’s is how you can make the Genie app operational.
Moving on, let’s now discuss how to have complete Netgear router access using the app.
Log In to Your Router Using the Genie App
If you want to log in to your router and tweak various settings of your WiFi using the Genie app, then first make sure you have completed the Netgear Genie setup process and your router is successfully installed. Once done,
- Launch the Genie app on your smartphone.
- Access the Netgear WiFi router login page.
- Enter your username (if not entered automatically) and default password (if not changed)
- Tap the Login button and you will be taken to the dashboard of your Netgear router
You can now have access to any of the features of your router using the app. The list of settings that are not handy to you are:
- Manage your WiFi connections
- Change the WiFi settings of your router locally
- Check the Network Map
- Modify your device’s information locally
- Allow or block WiFi network access the way you want
- Set up Parental Controls to monitor the online activity of your kids
- Create a Bypass Account
- Create a Guest WiFi network
- Create a Remote Access Account and remotely access your WiFi
Is the Genie App Not Showing Remote Access for Your Router?
If you can’t see the Remote Access option, then first ensure that the router model you have supports the Genie app. There is a wide range of models available in the line of Netgear routers. The Genie app does not support the most recent models of Netgear routers (Nighthawk). To have access to your Nighthawk, you need to download the Netgear Nighthawk App on your smartphone and make it active by connecting it with your device.
Now, try to remotely access the settings of your Netgear Nighthawk and see if it works or not. If the problem still persists and you can’t access your Netgear Nighthawk setup using the app, get in touch with our experts to have quick assistance. With years of experience, our technicians will help you have Netgear router access from just about anywhere.Tags: Netgear Genie Setup, Netgear router app