How to Reset Rockspace WiFi Extender Quickly?
So you have decided to set your WiFi extender to factory settings but you have no idea how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender. If you are getting troubled by some issue with your Rockspace extender and you have tried all the possible troubleshooting hacks, the final resort that you are left with is to reset the extender. For users like you who want to know about the reset process of a Rockspace wireless range extender, we have penned down this blog. This post covers not just one but two different ways to complete the process.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Reset: Methods
The two methods that we are going to discuss in this blog will be:
I. Hard Reset Method: In this very method, you use a single button to complete the reset process.
II. Soft Reset Method: Here you need to access the admin panel to get the task at hand executed.
Let us tell you more about these now in the next section.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Reset: Hard Reset
- Move closer to your Rockspace WiFi range extender.
- Turning it on will be your next step.
- Connect it to an active wall socket.
- Toggle the power button located on it.
- Let the LEDs turn stable.
- Now, locate the Reset button on the extender.
- Upon locating it, press it gently.
- Your Rockspace WiFi extender is now reset to the factory settings.
How to Reset Rockspace WiFi Extender: Soft Reset
As we mentioned previously, you can use this method only when you are able to log in to the Rockspace extender admin dashboard. One of the main reasons why you may need to reset your extender is that you forgot the login password of your Rockspace extender. In that situation, logging into the admin panel is not feasible. So you are left with the hard reset method only.
Therefore, if you can access the admin dashboard of the Rockspace extender then here are the instructions that will help you know how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender using the soft reset method:
- Firstly, ensure that your Rockspace extender is plugged in and is receiving a stable and adequate power supply.
- Secondly, be certain that the extender is securely connected to the host router. We recommend you use an Ethernet cable to make the connection between the two networking devices.
- The next step is to log in to the web-based management utility of the Rockspace extender.
- Grab your computer or laptop and power it on.
- Load up an internet browser on it that is running on the most recent software version.
- Insert the login web address or the IP address right in the URL bar of the browser and hit Enter.
- Upon reaching the login page of the Rockspace WiFi extender, key in the login details in the given fields.
- Clicking on the Log In button will take you to the Rockspace extender web-based management utility or the admin dashboard.
- In Settings, go to Administration.
- Thereafter click on the Reset option and the reset process will begin.
This is all about how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender. Your WiFi extender is now running on the default factory settings. The current configuration settings get erased from the extender. Now, to again begin accessing its WiFi, you will have to do the Rockspace WiFi extender setup from scratch.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup Process
After you have reset your extender, it becomes as good as a new extender. You have to set it up with the home network once again. This can be done in two ways. One is by logging in to the web-based management utility and the other one is via the WPS button. For your convenience, we are going to provide you with quick instructions about both methods ahead.
Rockspace Extender Setup: WPS Method
- Ensure that your Rockspace extender and the host router are placed close to each other and are turned on properly
- Next, look for the button named WPS on the extender.
- Found it?
- Push it now.
- Likewise, find and push the WPS button on the host router also.
And that’s it! You are done setting up your extender.
Rockspace Extender Setup: Web Browser Method
- Before turning on the extender and router, connect both devices using an Ethernet cable.
- Power them up.
- Log in to the web-based management utility on a computer next.
- Once you log in, you reach the setup page, on which simply executing the on-screen prompts will help you complete the setup process.
The Closing Note
By walking through this write-up you have learned how to reset Rockspace WiFi extender and also learned about how to set it up again. We hope you are no longer facing the same trouble due to which you had to reset your extender.Tags: Rockspace extender, Rockspace setup