Instructions to Update Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 Firmware
Fed up with internet issues with your Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 router? Looking for ways to make the router run faster? If you nod your head in yes, then it is time to update your Nighthawk CAX80 firmware. Downloading and installing the newest firmware version on your router can help you fix and improve a faulty internet connection.
In addition to this, the latest firmware also makes your WiFi router work better. Now, the question is – what is the process to update the Netgear CAX80 router’s firmware? Well, don’t worry! Just follow this guide and learn the firmware update process. Let’s get started.
Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 Firmware Update
There are three main methods for Netgear CAX80 firmware update. They are:
- Using the Web User Interface
- Via the Nighthawk App
- Manually Update The Firmware
Let’s discuss all the Nighthawk router firmware update methods one by one:
1. Using the Web User Interface
A new firmware version is rolled out by Netgear on a regular basis so that devices can stay equipped with the latest features and functionalities. To make your router work properly, be certain to keep its firmware up-to-date.
Here are the steps to update your Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 firmware to the latest version using the web user interface:
- Plug in your Nighthawk router near the modem and power it up.
- After that, launch an internet browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Move the mouse cursor to the top-left corner and click on the address bar.
- Use the keyboard and type routerlogin.net.
- Once done, hit Enter.
- The next screen will prompt you to enter the username and password.
- Input the administration details and click on the Log In option.
- You can also press Enter.
- After logging in, head over to the Advanced Settings.
- Click on the Firmware Update > Check option.
- Let the router search for new available firmware.
- In case any new firmware version is available, click on the Yes button.
Now, wait for the Nighthawk CAX80 firmware update process to complete.
2. Via the Nighthawk App
If you want to update the router’s firmware right from the comfort of your couch, then we have got you covered! You can use your mobile as well! Yes, you read that right!
With the Nighthawk app, you can easily update your Nighthawk router’s firmware using your mobile. Here’s how to do so:
- Connect your mobile to the WiFi network that belongs to your CAX80 router.
- Install the Netgear router app on your smartphone.
- Once installed, open the app.
- When prompted, enter the router’s admin credentials.
- Tap on the Sign In button.
- Select your home router.
- Tap on the Check for Updates button.
- In case there is any new firmware update available, tap on the Update button.
There you are! You have successfully updated your Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 WiFi router’s firmware.
3. Update Nighthawk Router Firmware Manually
On the off chance if you wish to load a specific firmware version on your Netgear Nighthawk router CAX80, follow the instructions highlighted below:
- Take an Ethernet cable and use it to connect your router and modem.
- Now, get started with the Netgear firmware download process.
- Type the model number of your router in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Choose a firmware version for your router and hit Download.
- Navigate to the Netgear Nighthawk login web page through an internet browser.
- Click on the Router Update button.
- Hit Browse and select the firmware file you have downloaded.
- At last, click on the Upload button.
Kudos! Your Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 firmware has been updated to the latest version.
That’s all about how to upgrade the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 WiFi router. We’re now expecting that you’ve successfully upgraded your WiFi router with the help of any of the aforesaid methods. You can now resume your networking experience.Tags: Netgear CAX80 router, Netgear Nighthawk