Netgear RAX43 Setup and Management: 2 Easy Methods
Have you just purchased a Netgear RAX43 WiFi router? Congratulations! This Nighthawk 5 stream dual-band WiFi6 router is capable of delivering 4 times more powerful wireless network performance than your existing gateway. Moreover, it comes with amazing features like Smart Parental Controls that help you keep an eye on the online activities of your kids. But, all this will be possible once you complete the installation process of this router. With that said, walk through the post and learn two different approaches you can not only set up the WiFi router but also manage it.
Methods to Set Up Netgear Nighthawk RAX43 Router
As mentioned earlier, this write-up will shed light on two different methods that can be adopted to complete the installation process of the router, here they are:
The manual method of installing the RAX43 WiFi router includes the use of the routerlogin.net web address. It will also require you to gain access to a computer or laptop with the latest version of the web browser installed on it. On the other hand, with the help of the Nighthawk app the setup process can be completed on a mobile phone. Now, let’s move forward and learn how to use these two methods to set up the router.
How to Set Up Netgear RAX43 Router?
In this section, you will find the steps that need to be followed to complete the router setup process. This is to inform you that the initial steps that include hardware arrangements are the same for both approaches. Here’s how you can initiate the setup process of your wireless router:
- Before everything else, unbox your WiFi router and arrange its accessories.
- After that, select a location near the modem.
- There needs to be a wall socket available at that location.
- Now, power down the modem and grab the LAN cable that you’ve received with your router’s package.
- You are supposed to connect the Internet port of RAX43 to the LAN 1 port of the modem.
- Thereafter, switch on the modem and then your wireless router.
- Let the lights on your devices get stable.
Note: If you are going to complete the Netgear RAX43 setup process via the manual method, you can connect the computer directly to the router. However, the connection creation process needs to be done before switching on the computer.
As soon as the initial process is completed, you can start following the instructions given below to enter the final stage of the setup process depending upon the method that you find convenient.
Nighthawk RAX43 Router Setup via Manual Method
- Switch on your computer now and connect it to the router’s WiFi if you haven’t used a LAN connection.
- Launch an internet browser now. Any browser like Chrome or Safari can be used.
- Now, go to the address field and type routerlogin.net.
- Select Agree.
- Now, you will be prompted to select the mode in which you wish to set up the router.
- Select Router mode and choose whether you want Genie’s help for RAX43 setup.
- We suggest you select the No option.
- The internet connection will be detected now.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to assign an admin password to the router.
- Thereafter, skip the Firmware Update part. Do it later after the setup process.
- Now, register your product.
- The dashboard of the router will appear showing Internet, WiFi, Router, Network Map, Parental Controls, and ReadySHARE settings.
The moment you press Enter, the Terms and Conditions page will show up.
Here completes the router setup process via the manual method. If you want to manage and tweak your router’s settings in the future, you are supposed to access http://192.168.1.1 on a computer connected to the Netgear router RAX43.
Netgear RAX43 Setup via Nighthawk App
- After powering up your Netgear router, ensure that the WiFi LED on it is lit.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone and open the WiFi utility.
- Locate the Netgear router network name and connect to it.
Note: The SSID and WiFi password of the RAX43 can be found on the bottom label of the router.
- Once your mobile gets connected to the router’s WiFi, open Google Play Store.
- iPhone users need to go to the App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and download it.
- As soon as the app gets installed, launch it.
- Lastly, follow the instructions appearing on the computer to complete the setup process and connect to the internet.
The setup process of your Nighthawk RAX43 via the mobile app is completed here. You can use the app for home network management now. However, you need to make sure that the app runs on the latest version.
This was all about how to set up and manage a Netgear RAX43 WiFi router using two different approaches – the manual method and the Nighthawk app. We are assuming that you will be able to complete the installation process of your router and select the most convenient method to manage it in the future.Tags: Netgear Nighthawk app, Nighthawk app login, Nighthawk App Setup